“To live and educate your children in another country for a year or more is an enriching experience for the whole family.”
Moving with your family to live in another country for a year or more is an enriching experience for the whole family.
England, Ireland and Switzerland all have magnificent private and state schools, but each country has its own particular culture of learning and this will need to be taken into consideration as will the type of lifestyle you wish to experience.
Ireland is the most economical country for a long-term stay.
It is essential to know in detail the needs of each family including what is motivating the move, the environment in which you would like to live, the type of school you would like your children to attend and your budget.
At Boarding Schools Abroad, we offer an independent and tailor-made solution to ensure that your stay is unforgettable.
Our ‘school services’ in the next section describes in detail how we can help you to achieve a memorable family experience.
At Boarding Schools Abroad, we offer a relocation service for families who face the challenge of moving abroad. In order to establish the lifestyle priorities, destination, type of schools required and annual budget we start by interviewing the family. There are two phases to the search - neighbourhood and home, and school.
Phase one: Neighbourhood and Home
Once the destination has been established we will recommend, according to the wants and needs of the family, neighbourhoods and family homes.
- Advice regarding area and type of house: We include a detailed report on the area, including leisure facilities, infrastructure and transport.
- Neighbourhood proposal: We recommend two areas determined by the needs and expectations described by the family in the interview.
- House viewing: We organise guided tours of potential houses with specialised estate agents.
- Rental or purchase of the property: We give support and advice throughout the process of either renting or buying a house.
- Domestic service: If a family wishes to travel with their nanny we will guide them through the process and assist with visas and paperwork. If they wish to employ domestic help while abroad, we can recommend or contact reputable agencies on their behalf.
- The move: We help with organising the move and provide all necessary support for setting up the new home.
- Accompanying families during their visits: If required, we can personally accompany the family during their visits. This service has an additional cost.
Phase two: Schools
- Interview with Susana Villanueva: Susana is a child psychologist who helps guide and support the family in preparation for educating their children abroad.
- Academic support for the children: We test the children’s English and give advice and academic support to children who are required to sit exams and interviews for entry into their chosen school.
- Recommendation: Following the interview we recommend the school according to the children’s needs.
- Visits to the schools: We organise a tour of the school.
- Acceptance of a place: Following the acceptance of a place we manage the documentation and payments and organise academic support if necessary.
- Uniform and school materials: We help with the purchase of the school uniform and sports equipment.
- Accompanying families during their school visits: If required, we can personally accompany the family during their school tours. This service has an additional cost.